Morey Montessori Public School Academy (Morey Montessori PSA) received a…
In order to build on the strengths of the Montessori Elementary program, and provide an appropriate learning environment for adolescents, we are making changes in our 7th/8th grade Middle School Program. We will continue with a multi-age classroom, building a community of learners who help govern the working of their classroom, with guidance from their head teacher and classroom assistant.
- Daily class meetings to discuss projects, concerns, schedules, conflict resolution, and acknowledge progress, victories, and kindnesses.
- Integrated curriculum in order to make learning and exploration more meaningful.
- Individualized learning plans and work plans to facilitate meeting each student’s needs.
- Projects and opportunities to research subjects of special interest.
- Curriculum which helps prepare students to succeed academically now and in the future.
- Character Education, Peace Education, and Conflict Resolution lessons in order to create a safe, supportive environment free from harassment and bullying.